[CQ-Contest] Who to contact for corporate sponsorship?

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>, Dx-Chat <dx-chat@njdxa.org>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Who to contact for corporate sponsorship?
From: Barry <w2up3@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 00:03:02 +0000
In the past, myself and Ilya, KE7OPG, participated in the IARU HST (High
Speed Telegraphy) competition.  Some of you may remember my presentation
at the Dayton Contest Forum a few years ago and article I wrote for QST.

I was recently contacted by a young ham (age 13), Cal, K0DXC, who has
been licensed for 3 years and is in the 45-50 WPM range already!  He
expressed an interest in participating in the next HST, which is
tentatively scheduled for Sept. 2009 in Bulgaria.

All the participants, with the exception of the US hams, have been
sponsored by their national societies, including transportation, room
and board, and entry fees.  ARRL, while submitting the application for
the US team to participate, does not cover any expenses.  Cal, because
of his age, would need to travel with a family member, and there are the
other US participants who wouldn't mind some financial assistance either.

As various radio manufacturers, clubs, foundations, etc. sponsor
DXpeditions, I wonder if anyone has any thoughts, or contacts, to
arrange sponsors for the HST competition?  Feel free to email me
directly if you don't think the discussion is suitable for the list.

Tnx,
Barry, W2UP

--

Barry Kutner, W2UP             Newtown, PA