Re: [CQ-Contest] [Acg] Louisiana Contest Club Formally Organized!

To: "Scott Dickson, W5WZ" <W5WZ@arrl.net>, W5WZ@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [Acg] Louisiana Contest Club Formally Organized!
From: "KC4HW" <jimjohnson@alaweb.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 18:21:40 -0500
Congratulations to you and all the Contest Amateurs in Louisiana!

The Alabama Contest Group was formed in Sep 2006 and represents the
contest populations within Alabama and well as those within our 175-mile circle
that may reside in the adjacent states of FL, GA and MS.

Please desiminate to your membership:

The Huntsville Hamfest is schedule for this weekend (Aug 15 - 17) at the Von
Braun Center in Huntsville, AL.  Interested individuals may find more
information
about the hamfest at http://www.hamfest.org

The South East Contest Club, Tennessee Contest Group and Alabama Contest
Group are sponsoring a joint effort for the (first ever) Sunny South Contest
Hospitallity Suite On Friday night at the Holiday Inn, Milltown Room, from 7PM
11PM.  Right next door to the hamfest.    It will be a pay as you go bar, there
will
be a demonstration of Skimmer; a pileup contest (PH & CW) with prizes for the
winners; and basically some bragging and commentary on the issues of today.
All are welcome.

On Saturday at the Embassy Suite (adjacent to the Hamfest) there are going to
be several contest forums for those that are interested.

The ACG will also have a table in the trade area for the Alabama Contest Group
and the Alabama QSO Party.  Look for our banners.  Please stop by at any of
the activities and let us introduce ourselves.

Again congratulations on your new club!  I hope that you will enjoy your new
organization as much as we have ours!  We look forward to the competition!

73

Jim/KC4HW
President, ACG
http://www.AlabamaContestGroup.org
http://www.AlabamaQSOParty.org

On 12 Aug 2008 at 13:44, Scott Dickson, W5WZ wrote:

> [...]
> hamfest.  Present at the organizational meeting and signing of the
> club constitution and by-laws were the charter members Charlie
> Morrison, KI5XP; Roland Guidry, NA5Q; Pat Sonnier, W5WMU; Mark
> Ketchell, K5ER; and Scott Dickson, W5WZ.  Also present were Louisiana
> Section Manager Gary Stratton K5GLS; and Louisiana Affiliated Club
> Coordinator Jim Bookner, N5NVP.
>

> The Louisiana Contest Club is a special purpose amateur radio club
> devoted to the pursuit of operating and technical excellence. Our
> goals are simple:
>
> --To promote the fun, satisfaction and competitive thrill of radio
> contesting
>
> --To assist our members in the development of their operating and
> technical skills
>
> --To foster increased friendly competition and sportsmanship
>
> --To become a competitive force in club competition of amateur radio
> contests
>

> The newly elected officers are:  President- Mark Ketchell K5ER;
> Vice-President- Charlie Morrison KI5XP; Secretary/Treasurer- Scott
> Dickson W5WZ; Director- Pat Sonnier W5WMU; and Director- Roland Guidry
> NA5Q.
>

> The idea of organizing a contest club originated at the 2008 Dayton
> Hamvention in the contest super suite over pizza.  The original
> founders of LCC felt that an organization was needed in Louisiana to
> educate, promote and encourage contesting.  Further, they recognized
> that Louisiana had never been represented by a statewide contest club.
>  Among Louisiana hams, there are many recognized and skilled Amateur
> Radio operators, some who have won many national and world contesting
> awards.  Through the LCC, we will provide a vehicle for its membership
> to further develop contesting skills and strategies, while allowing
> members to share collective knowledge and experience through
> mentoring.
>

> The LCC has chosen to mark the center of its circle near Marksville,
> LA at coordinates N31.226894 Latitude and W91.944580 Longitude.  This
> circle INCLUDES ALL of Louisiana except the very tip of the Mississipi
> River delta. It will also include the following population centers in
> neighboring states:
>
> Beaumont TX
>
> Lufkin TX
>
> Greenville MS
>
> Vicksburg MS
>
> Natchez MS
>
> Jackson MS
>
> Hattiesburg MS
>
> Eldorado AR
>
> Magnolia AR
>

> All persons interested in amateur radio contesting shall be eligible
> to submit an application for membership. Membership shall be by
> application and dues payment of $20 annually.
>

> Please visit our website at www.LouisianaContestClub.org  or contact
> us via e-mail;  info@LouisianaContestClub.org
>

> As our mascot Chomps Boo-TAY states, "laissez lez Contest roulez!"

Jim/KC4HW