[CQ-Contest] SSB Monitoring

To: "CQ-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] SSB Monitoring
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 19:10:44 -0700
Hi All

While getting set  up for the NAQP SSB sprint this weekend, I was wishing I
had a way to monitor my transmit audio so I know the logger is sending what
it is supposed to be saying.

While watching the XYL listen to her Ipod, I saw something that had promise.

I borrowed her ear buds from the Ipod and slipped them inside my headphones.
I use cordless headphones, so they have a rather large opening to go over
the ear.

I then plugged the Ipod earbuds into my computer speaker and voila, I can
now hear what  my computer is saying.

I know there are a lot of rigs out there that don't have SSB monitoring (my
TS-450SAT's don't have that feature) and this may be a way to make you feel
more confident that the logger is sending what it is supposed to be sending.
73
Tom W7WHY