[CQ-Contest] New QTH - maybe some interest for a few

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] New QTH - maybe some interest for a few
From: "Tony Rogozinski" <trogo@telegraphy.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 12:55:58 -0500

On saturday I signed the papers to finally buy a "finca" about 15KM to the
NorthEast of Villa de Leyva.
It has about 17 beautiful acres where a house and station will be built
sometime in the next
year or so.  There is an existing "casita" on the property which will first
be remodeled and made
livable so that the station construction can be started.  There is already
water and electricity
available and it is fully fenced.  Nearest neighbor about 1/4 mile away and
there are only a
few farmers in the entire area.  Very fertile land at an elevation of about
8,500' at the high point
where the house and antennas will be located.   I have rented another QTH on
the other side
of the valley where I'll be living until the new house is built - it's only
about 20 minutes away.
If interested photos can be seen at:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?UAUTOLOGIN_ID=56463866514&UV=401064281299_73823917614&mode=fromsite&collid=56463866514.25139436614.1219198292784&conn_speed=1This
 location is in the "state" of Boyaca about 110 miles to the Northeastof Bogota
with a verydifferent climate.  Quite a bit of rain but no significant wind.
Lots ofmountain streams/rivers withpure water.   All the fresh fruits and
vegetables that one could want atridiculously low prices.I plan to have a
"garden" where we will grow all that we need to eat.  Thelocal "campesinos"
arewonderful people and the area is very very safe - virtually no crime.
Viewsof the "pueblo" ofVilla de Leyva can be seen at www.villadeleyva.net
orwww.villadeleyva.com.co or www.villaleyvanos.comThe town is a national
historical monument with many tourists coming tovisit all year long.  Thesecond
largest Dinousar fossil in the world was discovered about 4 milesfrom the
center ofthe village and one can find numerous small fossils a
  million years old inmany locations.  Thearea has micro-climates - to the
south of town it is semi-arid ala Arizonaand to the north whereI will live it's
very lush - the two areas adjoin each other - ratheramazing.Will be returning
to the USA finally - this week or next - then hopefullback here permanently
bythe middle of October.73Tony   W4OI/HK7AR