[CQ-Contest] Yaesu FT767 in contest environment

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Yaesu FT767 in contest environment
From: "John AA5JG" <aa5jg@lcisp.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 17:56:34 -0500
Let me preface this question by saying that I don't do computer control of
rigs, so computer interfacing is not an issue for me.  I am interested in how
the Yaesu FT767 does in a contest environment?  Is it able to handle strong
signals well, or does the front end just fall apart?  Also, does the internal
tuner work pretty good at loading up almost anything you throw at it?

I have a chance to get a Yaesu Ft767 which has just been checked over and
aligned.  I currently have a Yaesu FT450.  Would the 767 be a step up, a step
backwards, or about the same performancewise?

73s John AA5JG