[CQ-Contest] Texas QSO Party This Weekend

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Texas QSO Party This Weekend
From: Chuck-NO5W <no5w@consolidated.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 21:57:04 -0500
Howdy Ya'll --

TxQP 2008 is this weekend and it's shaping up to be a good one with
excellent coverage of  Texas counties.

Currently we've got a backpacker and 17 mobiles including 4 multi-op
mobiles bringing the total operators involved in mobile activity to 25.
Along with those travelers we've got a number of fixed stations helping
to cover the counties from Anderson to Zavala with 243 of the 254
counties having submitted plans to be on the air. You can see the status
at TQP Route Plans <http://www.no5w.com/TQP2008_RoutePlans.html>. Follow
the links on that page to see a map of the 243 active counties and the
11 yet to report activity. There's also a county-by-county list showing
the active stations as well as maps showing the counties to be covered
by the individual mobiles.

If you're in Texas or close enough to saddle up and rendezvous along the
Rio Grande sometime between 1400Z Saturday and 2000Z Sunday we've got a
number of counties in that area that need some activating. Once again
the "handle of the pan" is heating up as one of the most active areas
with several operators serving up multi-county Qs like hot cakes in
stacks of 2, 3 and 4. Don't turn that dial too soon when you run into
one of these ops.

Detailed Rules for the party are at the TXQP Website <http://www.txqp.net>
Session 1: 1400Z Sat -0200Z Sun
Session 2: 1400Z Sun - 2000Z Sun
Exchange RS(T) + QTH (TX county/State/Province/DX entity)

Hope you can join us in the TxQP this weekend,

73/Chuck/NO5W
TxQP Coordinator