Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW 10 minutes M/S rule

To: David Wilburn <dave.wilburn@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW 10 minutes M/S rule
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 12:35:00 -0700
David,

    Without a time-limit or a band-change restriction, it would be
effectively impossible for a log checker to distinguish between a
multi-single and a multi-multi station.  The station could operate
multi-multi, submit their log as multi-single, and if questioned
by the log checkers argue that their one radio (ahem) just changes
bands really, really quickly.

    The rule is to make sure that real multi-single stations are
not having to compete against stations that are behaving like
multi-multi stations.

Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker@kenharker.com
http://www.kenharker.com/