Re: [CQ-Contest] Malicious Interference during SS

To: "Jiri Culak" <Jiri.Culak@lwss.co.uk>, "Richard Thorne" <rmthorne@suddenlink.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Malicious Interference during SS
From: Ed K1EP <k1ep.list@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 08:07:14 -0500
Although I didn't encountered that jammer, I was nearby on 14.277
from about 1327Z to 1416Z.  Earlier, I did receive what I thought was
intentional interference around 0530Z on 7.207.   I had been running
on 7.207 for about an hour at the time.  I had a small pileup going
and as I recall, two CA stations called me at once.  I worked the
first station and was attempting to work the second station when all
of a sudden there was a strong and incredibly wide non-voice signal
that wiped out my receiver.  The signal came out of no where and
persisted.  Apologies to WK6I who I was trying to work, but there was
no way that I could hear anything.  After a couple of minutes of
incredulous listening, I moved on.