Re: [CQ-Contest] dollars per qso --> tribander & wires only class

To: "'Ulli Grunow'" <ulli.grunow@ospreyribs.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] dollars per qso --> tribander & wires only class
From: "Randy Thompson K5ZD" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 23:39:38 -0000
The WPX Contest has a tribander/wires only category.

"Tribander/Single Element (TB-WIRES): During the contest an entrant shall
use only one (1) tribander (any type, with a single feedline from the
transmitter to the antenna) for 10, 15, and 20 meters and single-element
antennas on 40, 80, and 160 meters."

This overlay category is available for any single operator (not assisted),
all band and single band, and high/low power.

What does "overlay category" mean?  It is a separate competition that is in
addition to the traditional single operator categories.  It is a long
running effort to provide another way for similarly equipped stations to
compete.

Randy, K5ZD