[CQ-Contest] An Operating Suggestion

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] An Operating Suggestion
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 15:38:40 EST
I'd like to suggest that it is bad form to put anything after the exchange
in a quick contest qso.  In particular, it drives me slightly nuts when
someone sends an exchange in the form of    "5NN T4 TU"

Just about the time I copy the 5NN T4 part and have my finger in motion to
send my "TU", I get a flash of something else coming. That means I have to jump
 to the escape key to stop my TU exchange, which sometimes happens just about
the  time the other guy is finishing up his "5NNT4 TU", so I have to then hit
a key  to restart my "TU", unless he thinks I am now asking him to repeat, in
which  case it starts all over again.

Meanwhile if other eager stations hear my partial "TU", they will start
calling, getting everything out of sync.

It is much better to put your "TU's", call, etc., before the main exchange,
so we don't end up doubling up on each other's "TU's".  Please use the form
of  " TU 5NN T4 " or " DE W8XYZ 5NN T4",  not "5NN T4  TU".

TU,

Jim   K8MR      ( @ PJ2T last  weekend)