[CQ-Contest] sending the other guy's call: better formatting

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] sending the other guy's call: better formatting
From: kr2q@optimum.net
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 01:16:31 +0000 (GMT)
Tree...I know just what you mean.  Being QRP, and the band not being that great
here tonight,
I am doing a sweep across the band, working who I can, and then take a break to
come back
in a bit and see who is new on the band.

Not wanting to wait after this last sweep across the band, I found a spot
around 1863 and started
calling CQ...qrp no less.  I hate when guys just send me their call and then a
report w/o ever sending
me MY call.  As you say, sometimes things seen to be out of sync or a caller is
a little "too far" off
my frequency and I'm not sure if they are calling me or someone else in a skip
area I'm not hearing.
It is tough to decide and is also why I, as a QRPer, try to stay away from
calling CQ under less than
optimal conditions.  I was called by a new mult (NNY) and he was pretty far off
frequency...so I sort
of fudged it and asked him for his section again, even though he was super loud
(but off my freq).  He
came right back with his SEC, so I felt a bit more confident putting him in the
log.

As anyone who has been called by me know, 9 times out of 10, I sent the other
guy HIS call first.  I'm
sure it pisses off lots of guys, but too bad.  It makes me feel
better...especially on 40 phone in a DX test.

Lots of guys will say, "This only slows things down and I haven't gotten dinged
before."  Maybe so, but
aren't you sometimes left wondering?

Sending the "other guy's call" is a good thing.

de Doug KR2Q