Re: [CQ-Contest] Ice Storms in NE

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Ice Storms in NE
From: k3bu@optimum.net
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 20:42:36 +0000 (GMT)
This is terrible! Very sorry for anyone that has to go through just looking at
the destruction.
Had my share of similar damages, but just on one tower.
The only solution is to have inserted heating cables inside the elements and
booms. That can be reinforced using inside double tubing. Cables of various
lengths are available for gutter heating or for plumbing heating with built in
sensors. Considering the material and labor required for repairs, it might be
very worth while.

Yuri, K3BU.us