Re: [CQ-Contest] Public Logs

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Public Logs
From: "David Kopacz" <david.kopacz@aspwebhosting.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 01:38:29 -0600
"And I do not know why some people are so strongly against it.

73, Art K3KU"

I am certainly no psychologist, but my instinct tells me that human
beings are generally possessive and like to be in control, so when
another individual or group takes control of what is perceived as a
personal possession, it is natural to oppose such action.

In life, there are only a small number of things/events in which an
individual truly controls. Fortunately, we possess the ultimate control
and that is controlling how we respond to the actions of others. This
alone has the potential to empower ourselves more than controlling any
number of items or events.

Personally, if anyone asked to see my logs, I would make them freely
available, but for an organization to automatically assume they have
some right to expose that which I created to the entire world, doesn't
set well with me.

How I choose to respond is quite simple...I move on to something more
important!

Happy Holidays.

David, Stacy, Taylor, Fletcher Marissa and Allie ~ The KY1V Clan