[CQ-Contest] Public Logs - stop it already!

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Public Logs - stop it already!
From: kr2q@optimum.net
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 12:52:07 +0000 (GMT)
I am disappointed that this topic continues to be discussed...for several
reasons.

1.  CQWW has made submitted logs public.  WPX, being a CQ event, is following
suit.
Will other CQ sponsored contest follow?  I would NOT be surprised to see that
happen.  DUH!

2.  The ONLY folks who know WHY the logs were made public are those on* the CQ
Contest
Committee.  All of the comments from others is just PURE SPECULATION....and in
my heavily
biased opinion, are a mile off base for vast majority of the comments.

3.  There has not been any single view expressed in the past week that has not
been
thoroughly discussed (ad nauseum) before, on this very same reflector.  Many of
the
comments are an exact regurgitation of the very same thoughts and opinions as
expressed
by the very same authors.  What is being accomplished?

4.  In YOUR defense, everyone has the right to free speech (at least here), so
have at it.

Sigh....

de Doug KR2Q

* or those who WERE on the CQ Contest Committee at the time