Re: [CQ-Contest] Coming Back!

To: <k5iid@sbcglobal.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Coming Back!
From: "K0HB" <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 15:24:06 -0600
Hi Tom, and welcome back!

I haven't found a SINGLE program that's excellent for contesting and ALSO
excellent for general log-keeping/awards management/DXing/etc.

After many trials I've settled on two programs.

For contesting I'm using WriteLog.  Another good (and popular) one is N1MM.
I settled on WriteLog because it is the closest in "look and feel" to CT
which was my contesting logger for many years.

For general logging I use Logger32.  Again there are a number of choices,
probably equally as good, but finally settled into this one because it's
"comfortable" and does all the housekeeping for awards, etc., pretty well.

Both programs enjoy EXCELLENT support, including active "yahoogroups".

After each contest I export an ADIF file from WriteLog, then import it into
Logger32, so all my logs really do reside in one environment.

73, de Hans, K0HB/W7