Re: [CQ-Contest] NA Sprint CW 2/8/09

To: "'Mike Fatchett'" <mike@mallardcove.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NA Sprint CW 2/8/09
From: "Ed Muns" <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 05:02:01 -0800
> CQ magazine had it listed for the 3rd.

The rules for the NA Sprints show the correct dates, regardless of what is
published by third parties.

http://www.ncjweb.com/sprintrules.php

> It appears that Bruce, WA7BNM's calendar is not working right
> as it is not showing the 2009 calendar year.  I think it has
> the wrong info for this week too.

The WA7BNM Calendar goes through February 2009,
http://www.hornucopia.com/contestcal/contestcal.html.  The Perpetual
Calendar, however, shows the entire year, as well as future years,
http://www.hornucopia.com/contestcal/perpetualcal.php.

> I see SSB Sprint and the CQ RTTY are still in conflict.

Yes, the NA SSB Sprint is in the middle of the CQ WPX RTTY contest period,
but shouldn't be a conflict on the bands.  The CW and SSB weekends were
swapped this year to minimize conflict, especially on 40 meters where
activity in CW Sprint and WPX RTTY is centered in the same sub-band.

Ed - W0YK