[CQ-Contest] WPX Off-Times Can't be assumed!

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX Off-Times Can't be assumed!
From: "Robert L. Shohet" <kq2m@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 16:13:55 -0400
Hi Milt,

While I happen to agree with your interpretation, which is
what N8BJQ used to follow, the problem is that we can
not afford to interpret - we must KNOW how the rule
is being applied.  Since it is rather ambiguous, and
has been enforced DIFFERENTLY under
difference contest "management", it needs
to be stated exactly how it will be determined
and applied, without guesswork on our part.

Previous to N8BJQ the pre-and post operating
counted as part of the 36 hours and if you took
less than a 60 minute offtime, you were penalized!

Under N8BJQ, the rules were interpreted that
BEFORE your start and AFTER the 36 hours,
the 60 minute minimum did not apply.

K6AW never bothered to answer my question
on that despite three emails and two telephone
calls that I made to him.  So I never did find
out how it was handled.

Now we have K5ZD, and he has not addressed
this question yet.  Hopefully he will now.

73
Bob KQ2M