Re: [CQ-Contest] Relief for 40M in sight?

To: Dean Wood <cqden6de@gmail.com>,cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Relief for 40M in sight?
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 06:01:55 -0400
First, an apology - I failed to notice that CQ-Contest wasn't on the
incoming address list.  I'm very conscious of the breach of netiquette
involved in taking a private note public.  With the combination of how my
e-mailer works and the way this list is set up, I quite often realize that
I have inadvertently composed a reply only to the writer, and manually
change "you said" to "N6DE said", then adding the list back manually to the
addresses.  In this case, I obviously shouldn't have done so.

As for the issue itself, perhaps I could have worded it differently,
because I certainly didn't have intimidation in mind.  My only thought was
that suddenly having another 100 KHz available for intercontinental QSOs on
40M could lead to people moving up, if only because they were conscious
that the jam-ups that now occur between CW, RTTY and SSB could be avoided.

At least, can I suggest that some big contest stations in events like CQWW
SSB can now abandon the practice of calling CQ, "listening 7025."

73, Pete