[CQ-Contest] NS Ladder Results Wk 1

To: Cq Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] NS Ladder Results Wk 1
From: Bill Haddon <haddon.bill@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 17:26:53 -0700
Ed, W0YK has posted results of  Week 1 of the 14-week NCCC Sprint Ladder
competition at http://www.ncccsprint.com/results.htm.

Out of the 47 stations who took part in this frenzied half hour, Pat, N9RV
edged out Tor, N4OGW for the high national score, 1682 to 1644.
In the club competition, which doesn't really exist, but we report it
anyway, NCCC just exceeded SMC 5842 to 5246 thanks in large part to a
notable score by our webmaster, Ed W0YK.

There's room for many more of you to join in this fast-paced 30 min sprint
next Thursday for Wk #2. see http://www.ncccsprint.com/next_ns.htm

Comments:

     -- Watch the starting times and ending time very closely because of the
short duration . . this is a true sprint; use WWV.   See discussion of last
permitted QSO under Time heading at http://www.ncccsprint.com/rules.htm

     -- Try to spread out in frequency, as it is getting crowded.  This1st
session was larger by x2  than the first session in any of the previous 5
years.

     -- Bruce and Dink, with special effort, corrected problems with the
Newcomers division, which is for stations that have not participated
previously in the ladder (but if you've showed up only once or twice in the
past couple years, we'll consider you new).

     -- Don't assume 20 meters is dead to the world.

The NS Ladder BOD: N6ZFO, W4NZ, W9RE, K4BAI, N3BB, N4AF and VA3NR appreciate
your support of the Ladder competiion.

By the way .. . . while we encourage you to report scores to
www.hornucopia.com/3830score/ , it's not required . . . any station is
welcome to jump in and participate on any week, both for the ladder and for
the Slow NS held 30 mins prior, and organized by Mike W9RE.

73 Bill n6zfo
Contest Director
NCCC Sprint Ladder