[CQ-Contest] On-line WPX certificates

To: "Thompson, Randy" <k5zd@charter.net>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] On-line WPX certificates
From: "James Cain" <jamesdavidcain@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 07:17:46 -0400
Hi Randy: On-line certificates -- great idea!

I don't see the "CERT link," at the URL you provided, though.

What's next? Plaques and trophies on demand? Can holograms be e-mailed?

Those with full bore Adobe Acrobat will be able to edit and enhance their
certificates with things like "K1TN, High Single Operator Low Power CW, Milky
Way Galaxy. (I know this would go a long way in enhancing my fragile self
esteem!)

Your post doesn't say, in so many words, that certificates will no longer be
sent from WPX HQ. Is this the case? Certainly seems logical to me, and "green,"
too.

You and your helpers have enhanced the WPX experience through your web efforts
and I think it will encourage participation and log entries.

WPX CW is the best weekend of the year for a pee wee station like mine so I'll
try to put in a good effort. It will be interesting to gauge 2009 participation
in one of those rare years when the contest isn't held on Memorial Day weekend
in the Colonies.

I wish I knew a local from whom I could borrow a prefix with more dB than "K2."
Maybe CQ could open a "Prefix Bank" of people willing to rent their obscure
prefixes for the weekend.

Speaking of the Colonies, the term "bank holiday" is British, I know, but it
has negative connotations for those of us who had parents who survived the
Great Depression. (That would be the 1930s for you young people on the
reflector.)

Jim Cain, K1TN/2