[CQ-Contest] Alabama QSO Party 2009

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Alabama QSO Party 2009
From: "KC4HW" <jimjohnson@alaweb.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 15:22:21 -0500
Hey Everyone,

I am taking this early opportunity, before everyone gets caught up in the
excitement of CQ WPX CW next weekend, to wish all of those that are planning
to participate in the WPX the best of propagation.

The following week the Alabama QSO Party, sponsored by the Alabama
Contest Group, is scheduled for Jun 6th.  Rules and information are available
at
http://www.AlabamaQSOParty.org

We have commitments from 7 mobiles with tentative commitments from 3
additional mobiles.  This will give a total of 10 or more mobiles that will be
giving
out a lot QSOs from many of Alabama's counties.  We are expecting a good
turn out of fixed stations as well.  Several of the Alabama Ham Radio clubs
will
also be participating, please look for them.  We also will have two or more
"schools" that will be participating--a great activity for these young men and
women that are working on their degrees and becoming Hams also!

We have plaques for the top scores both in Alabama and those outside of
Alabama.   Additionally there are plaques for VEs, DX and Clubs.  Certificates
will be awarded.

Honestly, I think this is our best opportunity to activate all 67 Alabama
counties.
We only missed by two last year!   We have been anxious to give away the first
"Worked All Alabama Counties" plaque.  Perhaps it could be your!

Additionally, this could be your best opportunity to fill in the Alabama block
on
the ARRL's "Year of the State QSO Party 2009" certificate!  Plus maybe work
one of those rare Alabama counties that have been eluding you!

Come and join us for the Alabama QSO Party on Jun 6th.

Thanks and 73!

Jim/KC4HW
http://www.AlabamaContestGroup.org
http://www.AlabamaQSOParty.org