Re: [CQ-Contest] Question: Serial Numbers for WPX?

To: Iain MacDonnell - N6ML <ar@dseven.org>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Question: Serial Numbers for WPX?
From: Marc Domen <on7ss.oo9o@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 19:36:53 +0200
Ian,

You are right

I find this in the rules

*D. Multi-Operator Categories (All band operation only, high power only):*

*(a) Single-Transmitter (MULTI-ONE):* Only one transmitter and one band
permitted during a 10-minute period. Exception: One—and only one—other band
may be used during a 10-minute period if—and only if—the station worked is a
new multiplier. Ten-minute periods begin with the first logged QSO on a
band. Contacts in violation of the rule should be shown in the log and will
be removed without penalty during the log checking. The log must indicate
which transmitter made each QSO (see rule XIII(b)). Maximum power allowed is
1500 watts total output.

*(b) Multi-Two (MULTI-TWO):* A maximum of two transmitted signals at any
time on different bands. Both transmitters may work any and all stations. A
station may only be worked once per band regardless of which transmitter is
used. The log must indicate which transmitter made each QSO (see rule
XIII(b)). Each transmitter may make a maximum of 8 band changes in any clock
hour (00 through 59 minutes). For example, a change from 20 meters to 40
meters and then back to 20 meters counts as two band changes. Use a separate
serial number sequence for each band. Maximum power allowed is 1500 watts
total output.

*(c) Multi-Transmitter (MULTI-MULTI):* No limit to transmitters, but only
one transmitted signal (and running station) allowed per band at any time. Use
a separate serial number sequence for each band. Maximum power allowed is
1500 watts total output.

*VI. Exchange:* RS(T) report plus a progressive contact serial number
starting with 001 for the first contact. Multi-operator entrants must start
with serial number 001 on each band.

This is not clear indeed..

In other multi categories there is nothing said about that.

I am putting k5zd in cc of this mail.

PERHAPS THERE CAN STIL BE SOMETHING CLEARED UP AND SEND AROUND.

73  Marc, ON7SS - OO9O