Re: [CQ-Contest] Band Plans

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Band Plans
From: "Robert Naumann" <w5ov@w5ov.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 08:32:29 -0500
Andrei,

Please provide a reference to any EU law that says that SSB below 7040 is
illegal.

Thus far, all that have been cited are non-binding "band plans" or
"gentlemen's agreements".

While it may annoy some that these band plans or agreements are ignored a
couple of times during the year in the largest contests, there remains no
illegal activity here and therefore no violation has occurred.

This baseless debate has once again become tiresome. Do we need to go
through this same pointless discussion year after year?

73,

Bob W5OV