Re: [CQ-Contest] Band Plans

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Band Plans
From: VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 03:08:32 +0000
RX9TX continued:

> >>Maybe I am wrong, still remembering those old good days in ex USSR,
> >>where we were not allowed to SSB below 7.040 Mhz
>
>V> Actually, the good old days continue in Russia.
>
>Thanks  God they do :) I'd hate to see CW portion of the band polluted
>by SSBers :)

I guess then that the references I posted for the Russian
amateur licence are still valid.

>I  don't  quite  understand  what exactly makes you that angry on 7040
>boundary  limit  so you call them "monster" or "ugly head", it looks a
>bit  overreacted. Since 40 m band has been extended up to 7200 I would
>even prefer the new obligatory 40m band plan to be set worldwide so we
>could  have  40  m  band  plan  similar to other bands, something like
>7000-7200 for CW, 7070-7100 for digital and 7100-7200 for SSB.

The monster referred to is the IARU R1 band plan, the
ugliness referred to is the mind set that justifies imposing
it on all.  Sorry, I think you misunderstood me.  English is
not my native tongue, it is hard for me to express myself
to begin with & please accept my apologies for making
you suffer it.  ;^)

Sadly, 7100-7200 is not an option for everyone.  Here we
still have domestic broadcast services & resultant jamming
from around China on the band & due to co-primary status
with fixed & mobile services in China & major ITU Region 3
countries, all must tread carefully up there.  I for one have
no interest in chancing causing harmful interference to the
Chinese military & being in HK, they will be able to do
something about it.  Around here, that is their band now.

I believe we still have yet to hear from anyone who can give
a reference to any band plan that is binding on an amateur
station by regulation.

73, ex-VR2BG/p.