[CQ-Contest] NS Ladder - Week 8

To: Cq Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>, NS <nccc-blue@kkn.net>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] NS Ladder - Week 8
From: Bill Haddon <haddon.bill@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 18:14:19 -0700
The NS Ladder,  http://www.ncccsprint.com/ladder.htm  continues this
Thursday 0230-0300Z(Friday UTC).  It's week 8 of our 14-week series. See
http://www.ncccsprint.com/next_ns.htm for schedule.

Frequencies:
20 m      14030-14045 (avoid W1AW at 14047.5)
40 m      7030-7045 (avoid W1AW at 7047.5 and PSK at 7038)
80 m      3530-3545

DUPES:  Same-band dupes allowed with 1 intervening Q (same band), or
immediately if band change.
POWER: 100 watt limit.
SCORES: Report scores to www.hornucopia.com

Newcomers Division: As noted last week, there's still time to compete fully
in the Newcomer's Division. You can optionally declare yourself in this
division if you didn't participate significantly in the last two years of NS
Ladder.

For slower speed practice remember to join Mike, W9RE's Slow NS at 0200Z,
same frequencies.

Notes for this week:
-- While XYL and I explore Tuscany next week, Ted, W4NZ, will be the Acting
Contest Director and chief score compiler.

Comments on Wk 7 (June 5)
     --  Results posted at http://www.ncccsprint.com/results.htm .
     --  A hearty welcome to Mark, NB1U and Dick, KB1H providing the contest
with the RI and CT mults.
     --  We were also very pleased to have N5UM, N4GG and AD4EB participate
in the no-dupes tests of a couple weeks ago and to have K5NZ with us for a
week.  Also, KB1NRB, and our first European this year, HB9/NV1P.
     -- We invite all of the above, and anyone else with an interest in the
NCCC Sprint Ladder or the NS to join the happy bunch on the NS Reflector,
nccc-blue. To sign up, visit
http://www.kkn.net/mailman/listinfo/nccc-blue. Sign up and wait for
W0YK to approve membership, usually very quickly.

       Top score in Wk 7 went to DanWaah, K7SS, 2628 points.That's within a
gnats eyebrow of the Locust X Prize. Offcially the Locust X prize goes to
the first station to achieve 2750 points in the half hour.
       N4OGW, Tor, is solidly in first place for the East of Ms Riv
division, having been just edged out last year by W4NZ. Incredibly the next
4 stations in E of Ms. div are within 3% in score.
       Likewise, in both the Newcomers Div and in the NCCC member division,
final victory is very undecided.  While W0YK leads in the NCCC division,
Ken  N6RO has participated in one less event -- if you add Ken's average NSL
score, then he and Ed are within a couple percentage points.  K7BG, who just
realized he is a newcomer, now leads the Newcomer's division, just in front
of K9MMS and N0KK, who are within 0.5% or each other. But Newcomer's divison
scoring is weighted toward the latter events, so it's still an especially
open contest there. It can be won by someone who has not joined NS Ladder
yet.

73 Bill n6zfo
Contest Director, NCCC Sprint Ladder