Re: [CQ-Contest] The damn robot won

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The damn robot won
From: "Yuri VE3DZ" <ve3dz@rigexpert.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 23:29:02 -0400
From: "K0HB"
> This years KCDXC competition at Dayton was won by software.  The winner
> over some world class Radiomen, by a margin of 20%, was "Skimmer".
>
> Detail at http://www.kcdxclub.com/pileup2009.html
>
> 73, de Hans, K0HB
> "Just a boy and his radio"

Well, unfortunately this year was not very fortunate for "humans against
machine" run in Dayton. According to my observations, Doug W9WI (the closest
among "humans" to beat "the machine") did not have enough beers before the
pile-up competition, and Doug, K1TO showed up too late to be included in
official scores.
Your truly was typing with broken finger (X-ray made after the Dayton showed
serous fracture...)...
Otherwise your Skimmer would suck big time (same as last year!) :-)))

73 Yuri  VE3DZ