Re: [CQ-Contest] Categories, Participation and Competition

To: "Stan Stockton" <k5go@cox.net>, <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Categories, Participation and Competition
From: "Milt, N5IA" <n5ia@zia-connection.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 13:32:34 -0700
Stan and Randy,

I have never mentioned it before, but perhaps there are many others who have
the same obligations I do;  that is Sunday daytime family and church things
to attend.  Let me add my little twist.

I am one who is competitive.  Consequently, because I can't be competitive
with the time taken out for Sunday obligations, I don't normally participate
in those contests requiring a full bore operation.

That may be a poor attitude, but I am who I am.  I just don't enjoy getting
on for a few hours for the sake of operating.  Many people do enjoy that,
but I don't.

Anyway, the idea of separate listings/competition for lesser time periods in
the 48 hour contest may be appealing to a lot more operators than those that
are physically unable to do the full bore 48 hours.

As interest and participation in radiosport increases, it certainly would be
good to accommodate more participants in broad categories.  The time limited
categories would be high on my list to investigate for integration.

Milt, N5IA