Re: [CQ-Contest] Fw: Re: 59(9) all the time!

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Fw: Re: 59(9) all the time!
From: "Ted Bryant" <W4NZ@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 09:45:28 -0400
I remember in discussions of contesting strategies during the '70's, there
was the idea that the better signal report you sent the other guy, the
"snappier" his response to you would be, saving you time. If you sent 569
for example, he would likely repeat his exchange.  But if you sent 599 he
would think his signal was strong enough for you to get the exchange sent
only once.  With computer logging 599 became "set in stone".

Ted W4NZ