[CQ-Contest] False Signals

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] False Signals
From: Jim CASSIDY <jc_ki7y@q.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 15:10:04 +0000
This thread reminds me of an incident that happened to me when operating from
TI5 a few years ago.  I was running DX stations and a heckler came on, high
speed CW and repeatedly telling me I was a lid that not all stations were 5NN.
The op was pretty good as he was on my freq and then jump up 1 or 2 wherever I
was listening.  Fortunately he was not loud enough to cause any problems and
didn't even slow things down.  My friend N7OU was in HI9 the same time and he
had the same thing happen.

Also reminds me of the Tree/Trey name swaps.  Some of us in the NW jumped into
that when all 10 team members used Tree.
73

Jim Cassidy

KI7Y