Re: [CQ-Contest] FW: Field Day Comments

To: Wayne Mills <n7ng@bresnan.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FW: Field Day Comments
From: "N0KK, Kirk" <n0kk@usfamily.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 20:58:56 -0500 (CDT)
As N7NG and N1UR have already stated...I too think it would be a great
addition to FD. The idea of a bonus point category for working all of
the states sounds like great fun!

At our FD site, we had several kids who had a chance to witness our
activities as well as make some Q's on our GOTA station. They all were
talking about how many states they had heard and how many more we needed
to have worked them all in the event.

But, rather than comment here on the reflector about what a good idea it
might be, instead send off an email to your league representative at
ARRL. You can find them listed in QST or at www.arrl.org.

Then, keep our fingers crossed till next year! HI

KK

Wayne Mills wrote:
> Same here. I have always been able to generate big pileups when providing
> the "WY" section during FD. It seems like there's no reason, I guess, but
> operators I have worked sure seem to treat it like a multiplier. Some value
> given to that might make sense, but "it's not a contest," so no mults...
>
> 73, Wayne, N7NG
> Jackson Hole

--- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! --
http://www.usfamily.net/mkt-freepromo.html ---