Re: [CQ-Contest] WAEDC CW: only for Extra class USA / You have to be kid

To: dougzzz@gmail.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WAEDC CW: only for Extra class USA / You have to be kidding
From: "Joerg Puchstein" <joerg@dl8wpx.de>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 17:17:29 +0200
Hello Doug et al,

Thank you for your concerns and the additional promotion :-)

Actually, we were forced to adapt our rules to some recent changes in the IARU
region 1 recommendations and the R1 bandplan. Being an official member of the
IARU R1, we as contest sponsor are more or less bound to these recommendations.

Unfortunately I did overlook the fact which is now creating a small uproar on
the cq-contest reflector. But don't worry too much. Common sense will prevail
and we will widen our CW section on 40m by a couple of kHz (7030 being the new
boundary) and thus, allowing everybody to participate in the CW part of this
beautiful contest. Otherwise split operation would become necessary which would
certainly foil the good intentions of the IARU R1.

Tonight I will release another update of these rules reflecting the announced
changes. You will then be able to find them here:

http://waedc.de , or directly
http://www.darc.de/referate/dx/fedcw.htm

Best 73 de Joerg, DL8WPX
WAE DX Contest Manager