[CQ-Contest] NJ QSO Party Observations

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] NJ QSO Party Observations
From: "Carol Richards" <n2mm@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 19:54:31 -0400
Hello all....

I decided to make an effort in this year's NJQSO party. Based on what I
observeved:

1. Once again the qso party conflicted with NAQP and SARTG
2. I very rarely received a qso number higher that 1. This indicates a severe
lack of participation by NJ stations.
3. There were no mobiles from NJ! Thus, very few of the 21 counties either
didn't bother to get on and support their state qso party or just didn't know.
4. There was absolutely no organization by the sponsors whatsoever. Most other
qso parties advertise their event, schedule mobiles or fixed stations to cover
the
    counties, and make sure the qso party is appealing to those outside the
state. It seems to me, that with only 21 counties, it should have been
relatively easy to
   activate each one.
5. Unless major changes are made, NJQP will suffer the same fate of the
mid-atlantic qso party and that will be a real shame.

Carol