Re: [CQ-Contest] Where can I find a contest calendar?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Where can I find a contest calendar?
From: "Jukka Klemola" <jukka.klemola@elisanet.fi>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 09:18:31 +0300
Try making an international contest calendar.
You will find it impossible.

Even a national contest calendar for a small country like Finland, is a
challenging task as contest organisers change and they change rules plus
dates, too.

Be a country contest manager. Agree on common issues with all.
Find something meaningful change in a year.

Look on the hobby side of life!

We all know how at professional working life all plans, schedules and
agreements hold at a time span over next 5 months.

Proposal is that you select the events you want to try participating.
Follow their announced websites.
Be prepared to align your plans.
Be prepared the websites change without prior notice.
Some contests refine dates, times and rules just before the event.

My main source for contest calendar information is the 'SK3 guy' SM3CER.
http://www.sk3bg.se/contest/index.htm

Thanks Jan, SM3CER.

73,
Jukka OH6LI