[CQ-Contest] Let me explain - what is a top op?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Let me explain - what is a top op?
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 06:20:31 -0700 (PDT)
Well, my list will not be found in the CQ Magazine or ARRL rolls of top ten
finishers...

He is a man of very modest means.. An old tube transceiver, and a few wires in
the trees is the best he can do...  Yet he is on there every year, making
contacts and having a great time... No, he is not an iron man doing 48 straight
in the chair... And he does have to work Saturday mornings at the store... No,
he is not able to copy a certain HC8 at their usual, run together, 40+ wpm...
But without him most of those big guns would have a slightly smaller score...
Without all the others like him there would be no megamillion scores...

denny / k8do