Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW RTTY interesting rules

To: reflector cq-contest <CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW RTTY interesting rules
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 14:07:19 -0600
Barry wrote:
> Perhaps it should be the other way around.  The one point QSOs help
> equalize the inequities of the CQWW CW/SSB tests.
> For example, EU s get 2 pointers for QSOs a stone's throw away in
> another country

No. EU's get 1 point for working other EU. The 2 point rule only applies to
North Americans working other North Americans in a different North American
country.

> and Ws get nothing for QSOs 3000 miles away,

Hey, I'm hurt a lot worse by this than any east-coast USA competitor, and I'm
not complaining.

  other than
> a zone multiplier, which we often have to beg to be put in the log.

Beg ? I never have any problem when I ask for a QSO within the USA.

> How does that change it from a world-class event?  CQWW RTTY has always
> been the king of the RTTY contests.

It might be a world-class RTTY event, but it's far from a world-class
contesting
event. Kind of like winning the NCAA Division 3 football title.

73,
Steve, N2IC