[CQ-Contest] THE 2009 OCEANIA DX CONTEST - ONLY ONE WEEEK TO GO!

To: <vkcc@yahoogroups.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>, <uk-contest@contesting.com>, <ZLHAMS@yahoogroups.com>, <zldxc@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] THE 2009 OCEANIA DX CONTEST - ONLY ONE WEEEK TO GO!
From: "Brian Miller" <brianmiller@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 11:13:18 +1300
Hi everyone

Another reminder that the 2009 Oceania DX SSB contest is happening
next weekend, and the CW contest on the following weekend. This is a
great opportunity to give your station a test drive for the new
contest season and 'warm up' for the big CQ WW events later in the
year.

The aim of this contest is to promote HF contacts with stations in the
Oceania region. We are expecting a good turn out from VK, ZL and YB
stations, as well as stations from some of the rarer South Pacific
countries. Note that Oceania stations can work other Oceania and
non-Oceania stations. Non-Oceania stations can only work Oceania
stations.

We are pleased to announce two new plaques for the 2009 contest. Tony
Hambling VK3VTH is sponsoring a plaque for the top entrant from
AUSTRALIA in the PHONE Single Operator All Band category, and  Wes
Printz W3SE/ZL3TE is sponsoring a plaque for the highest scoring
entrant from ASIA in the CW Single Operator All Band category. We are
most grateful to Tony and Wes for their generous sponsorship of these
plaques.

The dates and times for the contest are as follows:

PHONE: 08:00 UTC Saturday 3 October to 08:00 UTC Sunday 4 October
CW: 08:00 UTC Saturday 10 October to 08:00 UTC Sunday 11 October

Bands: 160M to 10M (excluding WARC bands).
Exchange: RS(T) + serial number.
QSO points: 20 points per QSO on 160M; 10 points on 80M; 5 points on
40M; 1 point on 20M; 2 points on 15M; and 3 points on 10M.

Final Score: The sum of the QSO points multiplied by the number of
prefixes worked (the same prefix can be counted once on each band).

Deadline: All logs must be emailed or postmarked NO LATER than 9
November 2009.