Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Rules - follow up answe

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Rules - follow up answe
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 16:29:48 EDT
The ARRL has rules for Field Day and the VHF contests (below 2.3 GHz)
prohibiting this.

It is unlikely that an operator in CQWW could help out his multiop "mother
ship" station with a qso from his home station.  Other than for ops  living
near an international border, the only way would be by providing a same
country multiplier.  Given the state of 10 meters these days, I  wouldn't
begrudge a multiop that might have to do this.

I agree with KR2Q that using another station (or a different call from the
same station) to warm up or hold a frequency is bad form if not illegal.

73  -  Jim  K8MR

In a message dated 10/23/2009 2:37:51 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,