[CQ-Contest] SS CW - T minus 72 Hours

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS CW - T minus 72 Hours
From: "Kutzko, Sean, KX9X" <kx9x@arrl.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 13:48:22 -0500
Hi Folks-

We've got three days until CW Sweepstakes gets underway. I trust many of
you are making your final plans and getting those last-minute
adjustments to your stations in preparation for the big event.

I wanted to recap some items one last time before the contest got
rolling:

1) Remember, logs are now due in FIFTEEN days, not thirty days as
before. All SS CW logs must be received here at HQ by 0300z on Tuesday,
November 24.

2) Electronic Cabrillo-formatted logs are preferred. This is to help
ensure we can get the results posted to arrl.org in 60 days, as you have
requested. You can email your Cabrillo logs to sscw@arrl.org. Cabrillo
logs should be in a .txt, .cbr or .log format only; Excel or Word
documents are not accepted by the robot. Name your log file the same as
the call you used for the contest (e.g. W1AW.log), and please use ONLY
your call for the subject of your email.

3) We are asking all clubs to help their members that log on paper to
convert their logs to Cabrillo format. The WA7BNM Online Log Submission
Form can make this task infinitely easier; go to
http://www.b4h.net/cabforms and click on the 2009 CW Sweepstakes link,
or hold a pizza party and help fellow club members learn about Cabrillo.
This will be a big help to us here at HQ; the more paper logs we
receive, the more data entry we have to do, which could slow down the
results. We have also added lots of SS-related guides, tutorials and
Cabrillo templates at http://www.arrl.org/contests. You are welcome to
make liberal use of them.

4) I am encouraging stations in "rare" sections to get on the air and
participate. Operations from rare sections always make for more Clean
Sweeps, and that is a Good Thing. So, let's see some good turnout from
places like North Dakota, Nebraska and other tough ones! Hats off to
Eric VY1EI for getting some folks QRV from the rare VE8/VY1 multiplier
this year.

I hope everybody has a great time this year and the high bands
cooperate. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Note that I might
be a little late getting into the office on Monday morning. :)

CQ SS!

73,

Sean Kutzko, KX9X
Contest Branch Manager

ARRL, the national association for Amateur Radio(tm)
225 Main St.
Newington, CT  06111
860-594-0232
skutzko@arrl.org