Re: [CQ-Contest] Deleted ARRL sections

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Deleted ARRL sections
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 08:42:50 -0800
On Sat, Nov 07, 2009 at 09:16:42PM -0500, Ron Notarius W3WN wrote:

> Regardless, by throwing up the one-time Utah-Wyoming section from some time
> way in the past, you are changing the terms of the discussion & muddying the
> waters in an attempt to "prove" a point.  I am not familiar with that
> section, or how it was divided.  The original point was that when the state
> of Washington was split into two ARRL sections, one of the two was
> considered the "original," only smaller.

You've made this assertion a couple of times now.  In the case of Washington
section, which of the new sections is considered the "original"?   Here's the
announcement of the split in the April, 1989 issue of QST (accessible to
ARRL members only, I'm afraid):

http://p1k.arrl.org/cgi-bin/topdf.cgi?id=82590&pub=qst

The announcement begins "The Washington Section has been divided into two
ARRL Sections, Eastern Washington and Western Washington, effective February
6, 1989."  Nothing in the announcement suggests that one of those two new
sections is the old section renamed.

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker@kenharker.com