Re: [CQ-Contest] Cut numbers in SSCW

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Cut numbers in SSCW
From: "Robert Brandon" <rb@austin.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 08:27:19 -0600
I agree.  Cut numbers are definitely disorienting, especially on a weak
signal.  It makes you wonder if he's repeating his precedence, if you missed
the last letter of his call on the first go-round, etc., etc.

More than cut numbers, this year it was leading zeros.  If I hear four
dashes at the end but missed the first element, was it a 1 or a leading
zero?  Please don't use them.  It's really not a problem to copy serial
numbers of different lengths.  There must be some new software that sends
leading zeros by default, as I heard a lot of them this year.

Robert K5PI