[CQ-Contest] Why not multi-op (was How ethical...?)

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Why not multi-op (was How ethical...?)
From: Art Boyars <artboyars@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 21:22:36 -0500
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.  (BTW, opinion seem far
ranging.)  I confess that when I first contemplated this a couple of
years ago that my thought was, in fact, to get them to work me.  I
need all the help I can get on SSB.  But every method I could think of
of did not pass the smell test.

A couple of guys have suggested that I do it as a multi-op.  The ONLY
reason I am getting on SS SSB is to help PVRC in our big competition
with NCCC.  I think that if I have several non-members at a multi-op,
I'll dilute (delete?) the score tht goes to PVRC.  I love SS, but I
cannot copy 'phone, and my weak signal makes 'phone really
discouraging.

And one guy pointed out that I risk QRM if I get them all active.
I've thought of that; that's another reason why I wanted them to work
me and quit :>)

73, Art K3KU