[CQ-Contest] New Contest QSO/QTH Google Earth Viewer at CN2R website

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] New Contest QSO/QTH Google Earth Viewer at CN2R website
From: <c2r@cn2r.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 17:26:08 -0800
I have added the capability to view an entire CN2R contest log, in Google
Earth, at the cn2r.net website.
You can view the contest QSOs by the hour, band, 1st/2nd day on a Google
Earth globe.
Each QSO is plotted on the earth. Clicking on the yagi icon of a QSO will
pop-up another window with the QSO audio. You can zoom-in on the Google
Earth globe and see the QTH of the station worked. The accuracy of the QTH
location depends upon the address data available. Click the left mouse
button on the earth and then use the mouse scroll wheel to zoom-in. Hold
down the left mouse button and move mouse to rotate the earth.

This QSO/QTH vieweing feature is available for all of my contests. It is
also available for individual QTHs in a logbook lookup. You will be prompted
to install Google's GoogleEarth browser plug-in.
Give it a try at:
http://cn2r.net/cn2r/Players/GeContestPlayer.aspx?ContestID=34
User help is available at:
http://cn2r.net/cn2r/Players/GEhelp.aspx
Select another contest at:
http://cn2r.net/cn2r/logviews/Contestlogs.aspx

Send any QTH corrections or better latitude/longitude values to me at:
http://cn2r.net/cn2r/utils/feedback.aspx

Popup QSO audio snippets are still available by clicking on any Call,with a
yellow background, in a logbook lookup or a contest log.

73 cu in CQWW CW   Jim