[CQ-Contest] Operating practices heard in SS SSB

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Operating practices heard in SS SSB
From: Art Boyars <artboyars@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 19:37:38 -0500
One running station, with a sort-of familiar call, gave me NR 2656,
Prec B, at on 1726Z  on Sunday/22 (that's 20-1/2 hours into the
contest, right?).  I was alert enough to realize that it was WAY
higher than any other number I was getting, so I got him to confirm
it.  Wow!  I looked him up in the 2008 SS SSB results to see how he
did.  Huh?  Not there!  I look forward to seeing his reported score.
And I'll really be ticked if I get dinged for miscopying the number.

On the PVRC Reflector there is a little discussion going about a
"regular" in SS who was not sending his call in the report.  Well, I
heard an ARRL Staffer doing that for about two QSOs (that is, I found
him calling CQ, and then had to wait two QSOs before I got him).  I
was ready to ask for a fill on his call, but when he worked me he
included his call.  So I attribute it to brain fog on his end, rather
than the Evil Inclination.  And it is nice to see the League and Staff
supporting SS (W1AW, NN1N, the unamed guy here, and others).

73, Art K3KU