[CQ-Contest] WPX qsl received 31.5 years "late"

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX qsl received 31.5 years "late"
From: kr2q@optimum.net
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 12:28:49 +0000 (GMT)
Wow...

My old call (if any of you remember) was WB2VYA.  I just received an envelope
from Frank,
WA2VYA, containing, as he put it, "This rare Italian QSL" confirming our WPX
qso from March 25, 1978.  Glad Frank kept "his" VYA call or I might not have
gotten this card.  :-)

BTW, according to Frank, it came "via the bureau."

Frank and I used to butt heads all the times on the bands.  He was the main
reason why I
checked off the "change callsign" box on the FCC form in NYC when I took my
Extra exam (yes,
in person at the FCC office....the good ole days).  Thank you Dick Bash.

And no, KR2Q was not a vanity call; it was sequential.

de Doug KR2Q