[CQ-Contest] ARRL 160 Contest

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] ARRL 160 Contest
From: "David Kopacz" <david.kopacz@aspwebhosting.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 11:43:59 -0600
As you may be aware, Andy UU4JMG, used the 6Y1V contest station in this
past weekend's ARRL 160 contest. I have never operated this contest
before, not even from 6Y1V.

I am sure many of you worked him as he has over 1300 Q's in his log.

I wanted to know how the station performed compared with other DX
stations in past years so I checked both the 2008 and 2007 QST articles
for the contest results and found that there was hardly any mention of
DX stations. Except for two Caribbean stations that managed to make the
top ten competing against US stations in the low power and QRP
categories, and one Australian guy that made one Q, no DX stations had
printed results.

Needless to say, I have no idea how the station performed in comparison
with other DX stations, Caribbean or otherwise, because there is little
chance for them to make the top ten list in high power because there are
only have 79 multipliers to work.

Why is there not a "results list" of DX stations in the articles? Is it
somewhere else?

David ~ KY1V