Re: [CQ-Contest] [MWA] New furnace... off topic, but related to contesti

To: Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@citlink.net>, Minnesota Wireless Association <mwa@w0aa.org>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [MWA] New furnace... off topic, but related to contesting
From: Carl Vangsness <wc0v10@embarqmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 17:04:52 -0500 (EST)
A lot of times the noise comes from the controller, not the motor. If you see
increased QRM, ferrites on the AC line to the controller will reduce the hash
going back to the AC line. Also ferrites on the motor leads as well.

the more pricey controllers will have a switching frequency of 3, 6, 8, 12, or
16 KHz. It will be interesting to see what yours turns out to be.

73, Carl N9GC