Re: [CQ-Contest] EF8M CQ WW CW

To: Scott Robbins <w4pa@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] EF8M CQ WW CW
From: "hank.k8dd" <hank.k8dd@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 16:15:48 -0500
On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 1:39 PM, Scott Robbins <w4pa@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm a little behind the curve here ...
>
> EF8M (RD3AF) was DQed with the top World single op score for CQ WW CW 2008
>
> .... and he's posting the #1 claimed score for 2009 ...
>
> .... with an observer present?
>
> Fascinating ... !
>
> TNX NS3T's radio-sport.net for the info ...
> http://www.radio-sport.net/cqwwcw09_post2a.htm
>
> Scott W4PA

Me too ...... I'm behind the same curve ...... But it does say
"Disqualification of an entrant in any CQ contest will lead to
check-log status in all CQ contests for a period of one year."

But it does say "will lead to".  That means it can happen ......
maybe?   Takes some of the heat off, doesn't it?

CQ WW Rule XII says:
XII. DISQUALIFICATION: Violation of amateur radio regulations in the
country of the contestant, or the rules of the contest;
unsportsmanlike conduct; taking credit for excessive unverifiable QSOs
or unverifiable multipliers will be deemed sufficient cause for
disqualification. Incorrectly logged calls will be counted as
unverifiable contacts.  An entrant whose log is deemed by the Contest
Committee to contain a large number of discrepancies may be
disqualified from eligibility for an award, both as a participant
operator or station, for one year.  Disqualification of an entrant in
any CQ contest will lead to check-log status in
all CQ contests for a period of one year. One year ineligibility will
commence with the publication of the disqualified entrant’s callsign.
If an operator is disqualified a second time within five years, he/she
will be ineligible for any CQ contest awards for three years. ANY use
by an entrant of any non-amateur means including, but not limited to,
telephones, telegrams, internet, Instant Messenger, chat rooms, VoIP,
or the use of packet to SOLICIT, ARRANGE, or CONFIRM any contacts
during the contest is unsportsmanlike and the entry is subject to
disqualification. Disqualification Action and decisions of the CQ WW
Contest Committee are official and final.