Re: [CQ-Contest] Why do we like our favorite contesting mode?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Why do we like our favorite contesting mode?
From: "K6VVA - Rick" <cqtest97@k6vva.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 07:54:14 -0800
Jim, K1TN, wrote:

>Anybody else notice that not a single phone operator has posted on this
topic?

They may still be QRL in therapy after the 2009 (SSB) contest season has now
ended :^)

>For our generation, add rock concerts to the damage and we are probably
lucky to have any hearing left at all.

As a old rock 'n roll musician from the 1960's and years of DX'ing and
Contesting in my youth with the headphone volume cranked way UP, I'm very
grateful and consider it a Miracle I can still hear.  I used to come home
after playing LOUD music gigs and listen to my ears ring for several hours
before finally being able to get to sleep.

73 & CW Forever.

Rick/K6VVA * The Locust