Re: [CQ-Contest] Announcing new Cabrillo tags for Address

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Announcing new Cabrillo tags for Address
From: "Randy Thompson K5ZD" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 01:14:08 -0000
Change is always hard, but we have to start somewhere.  :)

The new tags are optional.

If you have a text editor such as Windows Notepad, you can edit your file to
include them. So no logging software updates are required.

It is true that many logging software packages still output the Cabrillo v2
format.  That's OK.  The log submission robot converts all log files to the
v3 format in the background anyway.  You can use the new ADDRESS tags
regardless of whether your log is v2 or v3.

Most of all, have fun in the contests!  Helping us with your address is
appreciated, but no need to stress over it.

Randy, K5ZD