Re: [CQ-Contest] 2009 IARU HF Championships - Error In Scoring

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 2009 IARU HF Championships - Error In Scoring
From: LY8O <ly8o@ot.lt>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 00:34:23 +0200
IMHO this mis-configuration could be as a basic not only in this contest, but
especially in IARU because it is very specific in HQ class. And I hope many of
you could understand it without any explanations. Just take a look for a number
of stations which worked only own HQ per bands/modes...
Or perhaps there could take place some points per QSO weight changes like: QSO
within own country count 1 point, QSO within same ITU zone but different
country count 3 points, QSO with different ITU zone within same continent count
5 points and QSO with different continent and ITU zone count 10 points. Just a
suggestion...

Thanks for reading.

73, Remi LY8O

Sean Kutzko KX9X wrote:

After publishing the results for the 2009 IARU HF World Championships in the
March 2010 QST, it was brought to our attention that the log-checking software
that evaluates unique call signs was mis-configured. As a result, QSOs with
many calls that were genuine uniques - and therefore good QSOs - were judged to
be busted QSOs. Correcting this error  <snip>

73,

Sean Kutzko KX9X
Contest Branch Manager